Hey Beautiful People!!
It’s that time of the year again! That’s right, NYC’s 5th Climate Justice Youth Summit: The Summer of Our Power is fast approaching and this year’s summit will undoubtedly be the most exciting one to date.
Last year’s CJYS successfully gathered 750 youth who live in the most vulnerable communities of NYC to learn and work to address climate change. Those youth people then mobilized their friends and family to what is known to be the biggest climate march in history, The People’s Climate March.
This year’s Summit is all about regaining our power locally and taking back what is ours, our community. This summer we will focus on building power locally so that local economies can transition in a way that provides justice for frontline communities.
Here are the goals for this year’s Summit.
- Understanding core concepts of climate and ecological science
- Grounding in biological and cultural diversity as well as tradition and ancestry
- Real Solutions NOT False Promises to the ecological crisis
- Just Transition framework and strategies
- Tools on how to operationalize Just Transitions